Search This Blog

Friday, October 14, 2005

Underlings on the Move

I've got a ton of bugs piling up over at the bug tracker, but that's primarily because I've been focusing all my effort lately to get the Underlings working correctly. That is, I'm moving away from the "Hirelings as Inventory" concept, and implementing the proper rules.

I've currently got the following working:
  • Underlings can get assigned to follow any guide, and only during Birdsong
  • Employing characters can control their hirlings in combat, even if they aren't there.
  • Underlings are left behind if the character runs away
  • Random assignment works correctly if the character is hidden or absent from the clearing: the character chooses which hireling gets the random assignment when he/she "wins" the random assignment roll.

Next step: Hired Leaders. As far along as I am, there's no way this wont happen before version 0.16. Then maybe I can get to some of those bugs.... ;-)

No comments: