Search This Blog

Friday, April 22, 2005

First Combat Screenshot

I've finally got enough pieces together to give you a screenshot. Still working on what buttons go where, but the general layout of the combat sheet is pretty much done. If you recognize the combat sheet, its because it is taken (with permission, of course) from the Redesigned Melee Sections that Jay Richardson created. I did tweak it a bit to fit my interface, but its mostly intact. Thanks to Jay for making these resources available, and thanks to Nand for having them accessible on his website.

Right now, the interface allows you to lure monsters, select targets, and place maneuvers/attacks. Effort is tracked, though it doesn't yet recognize the effects of potions or treasures. Armor is placed appropriately, including specialty treasure armor.

Still a lot of work to do, but I can see it coming together at long last. My intention is for combat to work with Monsters only (no Native War) in the next release. Once I get it to that point, and clean up the bits and pieces, I can easily move onto the next step.

I doubt I'll have a release this weekend, but keep checking here for progress. As soon as combat is finished (ie., you can kill stuff), I'll get a release online. Thanks for your patience!

No comments: