- Lots of new spells
- Fixed all casting bugs from v0.17
- Two words: Absorb Essence
I've really given this one a workover, and playtested it more than any previous release. I really wanted this one to be fully playable, unlike v0.17. I'm pretty confident everything is working this time, so give it your best shot!
Oh, important note: You're going to need to download a new resource pack (available in the usual place). Without this, RealmSpeak WILL complain (a new feature), and prevent the game from launching. Why a new resource pack? I added some images to support the Witch's Familiar, the Sorceror's Phantasm, and the future Transform and Melt-into-Mist spells. I'm not doing a patch this time, so you'll need to download the entire 4.5 Megs. If you are running on a modem, and really don't want to do the download, drop me an e-mail, and I'll see what I can do to get you the changed files in a smaller package.
Here's what's new:
- RealmSpeak now checks for the images folder - if not found, it reports the problem, and exits.
- When moving, you can opt to leave behind followers that haven't yet found hidden enemies
- Support for Day/Combat/Permanent spells
- New Spells:
- Witch's Brew
- Fairie Lights
- Elemental Spirit
- Unleash Power
- Elvin Grace
- Blend into Background
- See Hidden Signs
- Sense Danger
- Absorb Essence
- Dissolve Spell
- Cancel portion of Remedy works
- Exorcise now kills all spells in the clearing
- Witch's Brew
- The Witch's familiar is implemented
- Replaced the "Give" button with a "Trade" button, for doing 2-way character trading (inventory and gold)
- Fixed problem where doing a PEER ADJACENT CLEARING would use the destination clearing as a reference, rather than your current clearing
- Better information in table for "Discover Chits" result on MAGIC SIGHT table
- Fixed a new problem from v0.17 where spell casting options were not getting refreshed. (Hopefully the last bug fix from the so-called "optimization")
- Fixed a bug where the Witch King was able to MOVE with L inventory
- Fixed a problem with the GUI where the Deploy/Charge step was shown every time, regardless of need
- Fixed a bug which would crash RealmSpeak when a character was respawned after being stripped of all his/her inventory, and no new inventory was available
- Adjusted the length of the Woodfolk HQ Bow from 14 to 16, as per Richard Hamblen's comment on Nand's magic realm site
- Fixed a problem where prowling monsters moving to a clearing where a character ended his/her turn were not being blocked.
- Fixed a bug where underlings following a hired leader vanish after becoming unhired
- Can no longer "peek" at native items during TRADE, and press cancel
Special Note - I gave Absorb Essence a LOT of my time, so its virtually perfect in every way. That said, there are going to be a few rules-issues I'm sure. For one thing, if you record a turn as a character, and stumble through some magic and transform, it will still let you play out your turn as the character. I realize this is wrong, but rather than work on the problem, I decided to let it slide this time. The spell is solid (its not going to crash your game!), and will do what you expect 95% of the time. Try it out and see what you think. I'll get the minor issues worked out in a future release.