Search This Blog

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Absorb Essence

I've got this spell mostly done. You can absorb any monster, move/fly around the board as that monster, fight (clubs and heads included), and let it go inert. Still don't have a way to charge a permanent spell by fatiguing color chits yet, but that wont be very hard to complete.

I had hoped on getting v0.18 out this weekend, but seeing as it is late on Sunday, I doubt this is going to happen. I'm really playtesting this version hard, because I don't want there to be any game-killing bugs this time around. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Still don't have a way to charge a permanent spell by fatiguing color chits yet, but that wont be very hard to complete."

Sounds like another useful trick that will be pave the way for more goodies down the road... e.g. the 'logic' behind permanent spells.

DewKid said...

Yes! In fact, this will ultimately "repair" the way the Flying Carpet works. I cheated to get it implemented early on, but its never really worked correctly. For example, if you walk "past" a source of purple magic, that should be all that is required to energize the carpet. It doesn't work like that right now, but will when I utilize my permanent spell code!

This opens a lot of possibilities: the Sorceror could burn a PURPLE chit to enchant the flying carpet for another player holding the carpet.

Along these lines, two spells become particularly useful: Exorcise and Dissolve Spell. These work fully now, and really add to the dimension of the game!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Well, if you want someone to heavily test it let me know. It is a slow week for me so I have time to run it even during what would normally be work hours.

Troll