- Record all actions with phases applied appropriately (Recording Move actions now handle all rules of movement, including caves, mountains, hidden paths, and secret passages!)
- Once all players have finished recording, the game moves automatically into the game play stage: character turns are chosen at random (no Swordsman support yet) and each player, one at a time, is prompted to play out their recorded turn.
- Turn Play is fully functional, and works for move, search, and hide actions.
- Search works for Peer, Locate, and Loot tables. You can make discoveries (paths, passages, treasure locations), and they appear in your discoveries window. Yes, you can loot treasure locations, and collect the spoils (no support for die roll bonuses yet)
- Hiding works (no one-die or other bonus support yet), and is required if you don't want to be blocked by monsters.
- Summoning monsters works - a monster die is rolled, and all players are subject to its effects at the end of each of their turns. A character that fails his/her hide rolls will be blocked if encountering monsters in clearings. No support yet for character/character blocking.
What next? I want to start dealing with character action chits, allowing them to be fatigued when looting treasure locations, and allowing them to be rested with rest actions. I also want to have weapons be alertable, though the point of this without combat is rather silly right now.
What about combat? My goal right now, is to finish the Magic Realm game WITHOUT combat. It will play like the 1st encounter of the 2nd edition ruleset, where monsters are nothing more than annoying blockades. Once the bulk of the game is together, I'd like to schedule a play testing session with a number of interested people, and make sure everything is working as it should. Once I'm confident the game is solid, I'll start thinking about how to handle combat.
I would like to make a plea right now for ideas about how to present a combat on the screen in a manner that doesn't end up being too complicated, but still stick to a general look and feel of the game. If anyone has any ideas, please leave me a message!